What are the Features of Black Hazelnut?
- Black hazelnut, whose synonym is Karayağlı, is a very productive variety.
- It is widely produced in Akçakoca region.
- It has a high adaptability.
- Harvesting is late in the middle season compared to Tombul.
- Black hazelnut variety with a high wrinkled kernel has a high periodicity tendency. – It has a durable structure against diseases and pests.
- Black hazelnut seedlings are not affected by late spring frosts.
- The maturity period of the flowers is less than other species.
What are the Soil and Climate Conditions of the Kara Hazelnut?
If we come to the soil and climatic conditions of the black hazelnut seedling, which has a very high adaptability, we can state that it is not affected by late spring frosts. Black hazelnut, whose fruit shell color is brown and shiny, is generally a deciduous plant like all hazelnut species, so in winter the products may look like a branch, but when you cut the tip with scissors, you can see the green tissue, that is, the living tissue. With the arrival of spring, hazelnut seedlings come with green leaves. Towards autumn, the leaves are close to falling.
How to Grow for Kara Hazelnut?
Generally, all fruits love the sun and will grow well in sunny places. You can plant Kara hazelnut seedlings in sunny or semi-sunny areas. Kara hazelnut seedlings with high adaptability are suitable for maintenance. Harvesting is late in the middle season compared to Tombul. Kara hazelnut variety with a high wrinkled kernel has a high periodicity tendency. Kara hazelnut are not affected by late spring frosts.