What are the FOX 11 Pear Rootstock Features?
- It is a medium vigorous semi-dwarf rootstock.
- It develops 65-70% of the standard seed rootstock.
- It has a very solid root system in terms of holding on to the soil.
- It can be used especially in pear cultivation in Central Anatolia and the northern parts of the Mediterranean.
- It is one of the strongest rootstocks among clone pear rootstocks.
- Its resistance to calcareous soils with high pH is quite good.
- Although it is sensitive to fire blight like OHF 333, the damage is less than quince rootstocks.
- Its productivity is very good with all varieties.
- Finally, the planting spacing of the FOX 11 pear rootstock can be adjusted as 4×2 m or 4×3 m.
What is the Canopy of FOX 11 Pear Rootstock?
FOX 11 pear rootstock, which is one of the strongest rootstocks among clone pear rootstocks,
It is a medium-strength semi-dwarf rootstock and grows 65-70% of the standard seed rootstock.
The tree crown volume of the FOX 11 pear clone rootstock, which stands out with its adaptability to various soil types, is between 55-60% of the standard pear seedling rootstock. Little Canopy provides a positive development of fruit quality.
What are the Soil and Climate Conditions in FOX 11 Pear Rootstock?
The pear rootstock FOX 11, which is very strong in terms of adhesion to the soil, provides positive support for strong tree formation thanks to some advantages such as adaptability to various soil types. The pear rootstock FOX 11, which is extremely effective in increasing the yield of the variety on it, also stands out with its resistance to calcareous soils with high pH. Although it is sensitive to fire blight like OHF 333 pear rootstock, FOX 11 pear rootstock, which causes less damage than quince rootstocks, also has a feature that increases the yield of the variety on it.
How to Grow for FOX 11 Pear Rootstock?
FOX 11 pear rootstock is very advantageous in terms of being compatible with all varieties. It is very strong in terms of clinging to the soil and clings well to the ground.
Species on FOX 11 pear rootstock after grafting should be carefully controlled, especially in the first years, in soft ground and windy areas, staking can be done in the first few years.
What are the FOX 11 Pear Rootstock Grafting Methods?
FOX 11 pear rootstock is suitable for grafting with many fruit species. FOX 11 pear clone rootstock shows compatibility with most pear cultivars. It is frequently preferred in our country with the feature of increasing the yield of the variety on it.
However, in order to obtain high and quality yields from the vaccination process, the vaccination process must be carried out at the right time and with the correct vaccination methods. In the production of saplings using clonal pear rootstocks, T budding or chip budding is mostly used from budding methods.