What are the OHF333 Pear Rootstock Features?
- OHF333, one of the pear clone rootstocks, is produced by clonal selection of Oldhome x Farmigdale pear cultivars.
- It is a semi-dwarf pear rootstock.
- It gives good results in fruiting by leading the grafted variety to early maturity.
- It has a positive effect on the variety grafted on it and the vaccine compatibility is good.
- It does not need a support system after planting.
- It has low resistance to heavy textured soils and ground water.
- Finally, because it is a sensitive clone rootstock, it is a variety that should be carefully pruned and maintained.
OHF333 What is Canopy of Pear Rootstock ?
The canopy of the OHF333 pear rootstock, which has a medium deep root system, differs compared to the classical rootstocks. Pear rootstock OHF333, which forms 55-60% of the tree crown volume of the standard pear seedling rootstock, stands out with its high yield in terms of fruit quality and size.
What are the Soil and Climate Conditions of OHF333 Pear Rootstock?
OHF333 pear rootstock is partially resistant to heavy soils and is not recommended for use in soils with high lime content. Pear root OHF333, which is not recommended for use in heavy and water-retaining soils, is resistant to fire blight and is partially resistant to backward death. OHF333, which has low resistance to calcareous and high pH soil conditions, is also sensitive to plant viral diseases.
How to Grow for OHF333 Pear Rootstock?
OHF333 pear rootstock is very advantageous in that it does not need any support system after planting. Although it forms a medium deep root system, this system is quite strong and holds well to the ground.
Species on OHF333 pear rootstock after grafting should be carefully controlled, especially in the first years. In soft ground and windy areas, staking can be done in the first few years. It is recommended to plant the OHF333 pear rootstock, which has medium vigor and rapid growth, at regular intervals. Planting spacing of OHF333 pear rootstock can be adjusted as 3.5×2 m or 4×2.5 m.
What are the grafting methods of OHF333 Pear Rootstock?
OHF333 pear rootstock, which is sensitive to nematodes and plant virus diseases, is ideal for graft compatibility with pear varieties and positively affects the variety on it in terms of yield.
However, in order to obtain high and quality yields from the vaccination process, the vaccination process must be carried out at the right time and with the correct vaccination methods. In addition, special attention should be paid to avoid damage to rootstock and seedling during the grafting process.